Paris Saint-Germain confirm signing of Dani Alves


Paris Saint-Germain have confirmed the signing of right-back Dani Alves on a free transfer after the Brazil international rescinded his Juventus contract.

The former Barcelona and Sevilla man, 34, was widely expected to join Manchester City and reunite with coach Pep Guardiola after their time together at Camp Nou but an ESPN FC source has said that PSG offered to double the Premier League club's salary offer.

Alves was apologetic towards City coach and former Barcelona boss Guardiola before he lauded his new employers ambitions and addressed his family's needs.

"If Pep feels hurt, I would like to apologise," Alves said at his unveiling in the French capital. "The same goes for City. However, I take responsibility and I made the right decision with this move. I want to continue to be a champion."

Alves admitted that City were not the only Premier League club interested in him but that he had to put his family first after he prioritised himself by moving to Juventus from Barca.

"I was not only of interest to Manchester City but other English clubs too," claimed Les Parisiens' new No. 32. "However, there is a very interesting project here. I spoke with the City bosses and I spoke with the president, who told me all about this club.

"PSG are ambitious and desire to win a title that it has not managed to for now [the UEFA Champions League]. I have friends here and my wife likes this city very much -- these were several elements that convinced me to change my mind.

"I want to be a part of this long-term project. With Juve, I was a little selfish and I took the decision alone. This time, I decided to be less selfish and to make sure that there was a connection everywhere.

"I want everybody to be happy, particularly my family. It is because of this that I mainly chose to come here."
any wayas welcome to your new home dani alves

No comments

Powered by Blogger.